Thursday, October 3, 2013

Historic Wine Making in Romania

Hello All! And welcome!

I think it is easier to post here and keep everyone in the loop!

Here are some pics of my Grandma's wine! A local favorite and everyone wants to know what she does but ..... I can't tell ;)  Her vines are around 70 years old! This year was a great year for Romanian grapes.

My Buni (meaning Grandma in Romanian) has been making wine for 65 years!!!! Can you believe that! How amazing is that! And she also worked in a local distillery and wine making facility.










Here a picture of her shop! She is started the grape pressing. The press is made by my Grandpa.
 See pic below:

 

Picture of the Press - it is 65 years old and works like new! 



The macerating machine, Grampa also built 65 yrs ago








No comments:

Post a Comment